Thursday, 13 November 2008

A Cotswolds weekend


I had such a lovely weekend. My lovely hubs took me to a hotel in the Cotswolds, and it was beautiful, dating back to the sixteenth century, and full of character. Just look at the pics....



I hasten to add, this is something we have done perhaps twice in the 12 years since we had children, so it was rather special.


The food was stunning, though this one made me giggle. While do chefs love to pile?!

There was even a bear on our bed...

Burford, where we stayed, is gorgeous. An absolutely stunning high street, brimming with lovely shops. Thank you hubs! I love you. Always.

I told you about visiting my friend's newborn. Awwww, she was so sweet. Aren't they tiny!




So, what's the horse about? Well, I volunteer at my local RDA every Wednesday night, but last night half the kids couldn't come. So I had an unexpected ride on this beauty. I haven't ridden since July, so I actually felt quite nervous, as I haven't ridden this one before, but he was lovely. Isn't confidence a funny thing. Face the things that make us nervous, and it comes back! Go into that discomfort zone!


I've made another bag - so thought I'd pop a picture in. It was meant to be Autumn inspired, but it's a bit late...


And finally, I am so thrilled with my latest charity shop finds. All from a shop that had donated their left over metres... lots of Osborne & Little and Liberty. I don't know what I'll do with them, but they are gorgeous just to look at. I got quite a few, because I just couldn't resist. Here's a selection.


Finally, huge thank you to Melmel and Lesley from Notes from my days for organising the swap. And also to Melmel for my award.


I love it. I've got to think who to pass it on to, but have to rush now. I think everyone I would have passed it on to has had it, but I'll have a think.

19 comments:

Josie-Mary said...

That hotel looks lovely...how nice to have a break.
The horse is beautiful... I haven't ridden since I was a child, think I'd need a shire horse now!!! :o

Lesley (Notesfrommydays) said...

hi - xmas swap info on my blog for you :-)
Lesley x

Lesley (Notesfrommydays) said...

the swap is quite exciting like christmas come early LOL
my DD love the santa widget too! i saw it on someone elses blog :-)
Lesley x

claire said...

Glad you had a great weekend x
We have pencilled in our next no children break - 2010!! Its not something we get to do often at all!!
Lucky you with the fabric - I love the dragon one!!

MaryPoppins said...

Ohooo lacey I love The Cotswolds, we celebrated our first wedding anniversary in Broadway, it was lovely :) We havent had a romantic weekend, only the two of us, since then. That was 2000 LOL

I am so glad you enjoyed yourselves


Your bag is gorgeous :)

Love Mary X

dancingonabladeofgrass said...

Ooooh Lace, went to Burford a few weeks ago .... lovely place.

That strawberry piled dessert looks a bit like an alien sticking his tongue out! (or is it just my warped vision?) LOL

xxx

TattingChic said...

Your trip looks like it was a lovely time for both of you! What a neat hotel!

MelMel said...

Sorry, have not had a min to read your new post.....lovely romantic weekend, you were so spoiled, just as it should be!

Adore the fabrics....how lovely
xxxx

P.S....your very welcome....your really real to me!x

Trish said...

Glad you had a wonderful time sweetie, love your bag and those fabrics are yummylicious xxx

Willow said...

It sounds like you had a fantastic break in the Cotswolds - something OH and I keep promising ourselves, but never seem to get around to!

Love the photo of the horse .. I would like to volunteer for my local RDA (am doing NVQ in basic horsecare at the moment, so maybe I could eventually be of some use as a volunteer!!). Good for you, getting back in the saddle - I did it 2 yrs ago & have never looked back!!
Willow x

white o'morn cottage said...

what a fabulous holiday in the Cotswolds. It is beautiful and so is the fabric you got. You will think of something for it for sure. Well done.

angel said...

Flippin eck Lastid you have been a busy bee, i am so glad you had a wonderful Birthday weekend, you are so special that you deserve all the love and cherishing you get.

I love looking at newborns they are so precious. :-)

Wow, the horse is a beast, having grown up surounded by them i should be used to them but they scare the skin off me.....

Not been all that for this last week or so, had a few problems, but on the mend now.

Oh and PS, I had to beg MelMel for that Award!!!!...... thats bad when you have to ask for an award..... boo hoo ............................

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
This much and a whole load more. Mwah
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Kathryn said...

The hotel looks a treat. So did dessert. The bag is lovely, and the fabrics are yummy. great Post
Kathryn

Lesley (Notesfrommydays) said...

hi thanks for the comment -your right he did love it but its not quite finished and he wont give it back! i keep re arranging my pitiful collection of fabrics LOL
Lesley x

angel said...

You got Dolly!!!!!!!!! Fiddle..... *smile* i dont mind ...... mutter... honest i dont.... lol.
She [shazza] is doing furniture and stuff all fancy and yummy..... bit posh some naff lots nice........

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
and a million more.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Irish Cottage Dreams said...

Thank you for visiting my blog :)
I love Pam's wellies too! ☂ You'll
have to post yours also.

~kimme

MelMel said...

'Lo...I've been trying really hard not to be on here much...eye strain...so far i have not managed it!LOL.....
Its too much fun...so how have you been?

About to put my room out for work, then bed, had a busy weekend! again!

hugs melxx

MelMel said...

Watching about poverty in england...sort of smacks you in the face, i feel so ashamed that i moan sometimes, when i have nothing to worry about, its quite shocking......
Glad things are picking up for you...a positive vibe all found then....a good start to a new week!
Hugs back at you!xxxxx

greyparrot said...

awww Burford is very near to where I live- technically I do live in the cotswolds but never say that- maybe I should, it sounds far grander! Glad you had a nice time :)