Tuesday, 25 November 2008

Christmas crafts and shabby chic-ing

Remember this? Well, got a little pressie for one of you! Lesley, do you want to email me your addy. She's not as good, but she's almost there... just need to tackle eyes and nose. She's leaning up against my fab TK Maxx find - I fell in love with this mug. £1.49. When I got the label off at home, I discovered it was a Portmeirion mug. What good taste (I bought two and they are a lovely shape to drink from)!

As I say, she's not as good, but she is the prototype! lol.

Now, a little quiz for you. I thought I'd pose a question. Mum and me spotted this in L K Bennett the other day. She thinks it looks like a tablecloth, but me, liking lace as I do, thinks it is rather nice. So we disagreed. But what do you think it was selling for? Answers at the end.


I couldn't resist posting this pic of my gorgeous daughter on her way to school at the moment: four hairbands, much to the delight of the other girls! She is a real fashion gal, and always goes her own way... remember you saw it here first!



Christmas crafting has begun with the felt. These were fun. I used cookie cutters for the trees, and the base of my wine glass for the Christmas puds - gosh, this takes me back to felt crafting when I was a child. It's such fun and so easy to do.



I'm planning to thread them on a cord or ribbon above the mantelpiece for Christmas.



Bored yet? Okay, just one more set of pictures for you, and I'll save the others for another time. So, here's my table and chairs. I'm rather proud of this makeover... from this, which had been well used but never liked by me ...


with a lot of hard work and several coats of paint and bruises in between ...to this ...


As to the coat from L.K. Bennett: £349!!!!! (Reduced to £280!).

As always, thank you so much for all your comments. I really try to get back to everyone, but I'm failing a bit at the moment - thank you for stopping by.

15 comments:

Sal said...

Love the table and chairs..and the mugs!! And as for the new trend in hair bands..well..so cool! ;-)

MelMel said...

I love it all...the coat is beautiful!
Xmas puds look good enough to eat!
Rabbit very sweet!....Lucky lovely Lesley!

I'm on a wee break(nap time)....pretending to be busy with work...and yet i'm on here again!

Hugs Mel....
Going to make one of those masie horses this weekend!
xx

MelMel said...

Thanks hun.....:>))
I have the mirror you bought me on my mantlepiece....it makes me smile everyday!
Just sorted all my old scarves and stuff, for the dressing up box....ready for when she wakes up....she loves all that!
Bless!xxx

Monique Elisabeth said...

Your furniture looks fabulous, such great work and I love the things you are making with felt !!
The lace coat is gorgeous, I thought it might be 200, but I was so wrong ; )
Your daughter looks totally hip with those hairbands, wish my daughter would ware things like that, but she's more like a tomboy ; )
Have a great day !!

Andrea said...

Well done on the transformation of your Table and Chairs!! It makes such a difference doesn't it?! Takes a long time, but worth it in the end! I am sooo far behind this Christmas, in fact I am dreading it because I am so not organised! x P.S Lush Coat!! x

Trish said...

Love the mug, love the coat, love the decs and love the table and chairs :) love it all then really xxx

Hen said...

Well, I love the lace coat - and most other things in LK Bennett! You've done a fab job on your table and chairs, so satisfying for you to look at now all the hard work is over!
Hen x

Country Bliss said...

Cute rabbit, your table and chairs look beautiful. Love the coat too don't think I would pay that for it though!
Yvonne x

Lavender hearts said...

Hiya, I saw that coat in LK Bennett - I don't usually darken the door of 'designer' shops but the friend I was with wanted to go in. I think it looks like a wedding coat, it reminds me of the sort of thing an older divorcee would wear for her second wedding. Very stylish though, not sure my budget would stretch to £280 though! :-)

You have done a wonderful job on the table and chairs!

Lesley (Notesfrommydays) said...

oh oh oh oh oh i was hyperventilating when I saw your bunny and then you mentioned my name OOOOOOOOOOOOO i am so excited you wouldnt beleive it :-) I am going to email you immediately but i cannot beleive how totally superfantastically kind you are :-D
Lesley x

Primrose Corner said...

Love the rabbit. I can think of a little girl who might like that. Lovely puds - can't beat a handmade pud. As for the coat well, I think tablecloth my Mum would adore it. What a crafty time you've had together.

sharie said...

Love the table! What a transformation.....you've done such a good job on it and the chairs.

The chrimbo puds are so sweet and effecive. Note to self - buy some felt and have felting fun

angel said...

Its all MINGING...... *sticking tongue out*
HOW COMES I DIDNT GET YA MINGING MONKEYRABBITFINGY?

The table and chairs look beautiful lastic, well done, i agree with painting the legs it makes all the diference to the look.

Icklie has started something now with all the hairbands, cute ickle trendsetter. awwwwww.

Lots of these XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and a few more XXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

claire said...

You have been busy - I must stop reading blogs where things get done - puts me to shame lol!!!
Your swap is nearly there....I am aiming for a little handmade something but...... :) !!!!
Table and chairs are beautiful, so is your daughters hair. Xx

TattingChic said...

Wow! That lace coat is beautiful! I've never seen anything like it! It looks like something I would love. I'm on your side! LOL! Your crafting with felt looks like you all had a lot of fun! Happy Holidays to you and yours! :)