Wednesday, 3 September 2008

WITH THANKS TO THE LITTLE LACES...!

I love giving my children the camera. They've taken a wonderful picture of one of my Happy and Fred yummies...



And, perhaps a better one of the same thing...


Guessed yet? Got you intrigued? Well, I think I should give up my attempts at photography now. I've been usurped by a 7 and 10 year old! Good, ain't they!

It is a wonderful little thing. Fred reckoned it would be useful for feeding birds. I reckon I'll use it for cotton wool balls in the bathroom, or by my sewing corner for scraps of fabric, or, gosh, there's so many things. I've never seen anything like it. It's a metal mesh strawberry, but has an opening that slides at the bottom.

Now, when I rang my hubbie from Detling, I mentioned I'd bought a 'couple of things' and needed him to pick me up before Happy and Fred disappeared because it was starting to rain. I think hub's face said it all when he appeared, as it was just as Fred was helping me set off in the direction of the car with my 'couple of things'. I don't think I could show them all at once, but there's a 'couple' more to show. I think I should let the children loose with the camera again though, as my shots aren't nearly as good.

Anyway, the kids then took more shots, and I can't resist including this one:



Flying pig takes off!

And my fave, but then I'm biased:

Now, eldest and youngest went to new schools this morning, so a big step. I was up half the night with the eldest, who was very nervous. And I mean, half the night: 1.46 am until around 3.40 am! But they both loved their days. Hurray. The transition to secondary for me was a nightmare that lasted 6 months, and I think I probably still have issues about it now. But that's a whole other story. So it's a relief that eldest seemed so upbeat when she came out. I just can't believe she's 11, and taking such solid steps to independence. I'm a very proud mum that I must have done something right.
However, I am so sad the summer holidays are over. We had such a good time. I'm blessed with three children who basically get on fine, and we're all sorry the summer is over. Personally, I could have done with another couple of weeks.

So, bye bye summer for another year. I say it often, but I am truly blessed with my family and my friends, and I give thanks for them every day.

13 comments:

Trish said...

thank you for your comment hun, glad I make you smile :)

mmmm, am liking your 'couple of things'

glad dd was ok at school hunny and ds too xxx

Elaine said...

Love the flying pig.
Did Fred help convince you DH that SC is the way to go???
Perhaps he could do with spending some quality time with Fred, I know mine could. Then again, maybe it's not such a good idea having both spouses looking for bargains LOL

Lovely photos, thank you for sharing them.
Love & blessings
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MelMel said...

Morning!
I love the strawberry! what fun...will look good filled with the cotten wool!!
Cool that your kids took the pictures!

Thank you so much for the lovely comments.....think i was having a goo day, once i'd got my creams on....bless you for being so nice....i feel i can face the world today......hahahahahaha!!xxxxxx

dancingonabladeofgrass said...

What a wonderful new look to your blog! I am very envious.

Brilliant photos taken by your little Laces.

A lovely post for such a dreary day - most uplifting!

xxx

MelMel said...

Just read the bit about your school thing....i hated Secondary school and when i left primary i thought my whole world had come to an end......

I got so nervous for my nephew last yr......i felt sick.....

Being bullied does get you like that...and i think it stays with you a long time!

Thats my experience......other ppl had a great time at school i would have liked to have been one of them!!xxxxxxx

angel said...

Wowowwowowowowowo........... i am loving all the bits you gotted, i would love that Strawberry, you lucky lucky lucky woman you!
I am so Jealous, but i am glad you got them and not somebody who wouldnt love them as much. :-)
Your icklies are so lucky to have such a wonderful Mummy.

Glad the children have enjoyed their first day at their new schools.

Love and huggles Honey.
X x X x X x X x X x X MWAH MWAH MWAH.

angel said...

PS I love the new look..... yummy. X

April said...

I love your new layout!

April xx

Lace Threads said...

Thanks all. You really make my day with your lovely comments.
Yes, Elaine, Fred did a good job on hubs - think they had an interesting chat about nipping to France to brocantes!

Elizabethd said...

We had some of those 'things' in our garden centre here. They were advertised as bird feeders, but the moment you put peanuts in them...they fell out as the mesh was to wide!

Trish said...

just wanted to say, I lurve the new look hunny, its gorgeous xxx

MaryPoppins said...

What lovelies you got and some inspiring words too
Take care Mary x

MelMel said...

Yay...one for you...better treat you both the same......!!!

Your both very amusing...blogging is such fun!!!!!!!
xxxxx