Tuesday, 2 September 2008

Happy and Fred and their delightful stall

But first...

Thank you so much Melmel for my lovely award. It's been a delight to discover your blog, and it was so lovely of you to give me this. I love it. I need to pass it on to five peeps, huh? Well, here goes, but it's hard to choose as so many people have been so kind given you are all such new (and wonderful friends):

Angel, for being such a wonderful new friend and for her blog, which always makes me laugh so much.
Trish at Trixie's Trinkets for the same. It's been so lovely to make online friends, and I love reading your blog also.
Bloomin' Myrtle for all her encouragement and advice, given I'm such a baby at sewing. Her comments have helped me so much. And as I said a couple of posts ago, she is so jaw-droppingly talented, it hurts.
Sootypea, for trusting me when she didn't know me, and posting me bits and pieces of fabric.
Raspberry Grace for helping me with my blog in the early weeks, and giving so much time and care over it.
And I've just got to add a sixth, because Biker Boots and Chicken Feet has been such an inspirational new blog, and Heather has been incredibly kind.

You are all truly valued, and it's lovely to be able to tell you all so!

So, I know you are all dying for a peek at the roadshow of the year.

But before that...

Now, also, hee hee, somebody asked (silly them!) to see the skirt I was struggling with for my middle daughter, which we were inspired to make having seen the wonderful tute for it on House on the Hill. I have to say, it's very pretty to look at, but there is rather a lot of material, which bunches around her waist a little too much. I think it's probably an ideal pattern for a toddler, or slightly older 5/6 year old, but 10 years is possibly a bit much. My fault. We loved it so much, we scaled it up. But my daughter did a lot of it herself, and we are really proud of it.


Now, more about the wonderful sale. Yes, THAT wonderful sale I went to at the weekend. A little quiz for you...



Which of these yummy things do you think I bought?



Or maybe my things are already hidden!
I'll tell you what, it was so hard to choose, given I'm on a tight, post holiday budget!

The best bit, of course, was meeting Fred and Happy. What lovely people they are.

More pictures to come...

19 comments:

second wind said...

Oh you tease you. Sooo many lovely things... I like the towel rail and the jugs and the coat hanger and the .......... How on earth did you choose, or are they all now stashed away at Lace Towers?

Elaine said...

Which things did you buy eh????
Errmmmm, let me think..........
All of it LOL

I'd have loved a couple of the clothes horses, such lovely childhood memories with those, and possibly I'd have bought tooooo much if I had been there.

Love the photo.

Love and blessings
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

TattingChic said...

What a lovely award! Congratulations, you deserve it! I'm so glad you got to meet some blogger friends! That sale looks like it had a lot of fun stuff!

MelMel said...

Your very welcome!

Wow so many great iteams.....i'd i have been tempted by the pink chair and the breads bins...all of them!
Oh and the clothes horse, i love them!xxxxx

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

Oh... That`s so not fair!
Hi! Hi! Hi!
I too wanted to attend Happy and Fred`s S.A.L.E of the century!
Never mind... Pleaseeeee tell us what were your buys!
The suspense is killing us!(literally)
By the way... now we know how you and Dear Happy looks like!
Its always so nice to see who we are talking too!
You both look like Hot Chicks!

Kisses
Debbie Moss

Speak to you soon!

April said...

Congratulations on your very well deserved award

April xx

Trish said...

ooohohhhhhhh I want it all :) I bet you bought most of it didn't you lol
thank you for another award darling *wub* xxx

annie's abode said...

how could you have chosen as there were so many nice things to choose.
ax

MaryPoppins said...

Oh what lovelies, how could you decide, thay are all scrummtious. you look very happy X

angel said...

Fanx Lastic for my much deserved award[i feel another speach coming up :-)].

Ok which one is you! i think its the skinny bint, but i could be wrong?

I would have bought everything so i do hope you did to, i expect nothing less from you.

Lovely skirt, your icklie is so talented, just like her mummy. :-)

Love and (((HUGS))) Darling. Mwah X x X x X x X

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

HI, ITS MEEEEE AGAIN!
JUST TO LET YOU KNOW, THAT I HAVE DECIDED TO FINISH THE COMPETITION EARLIER... THE REASONS WHY ARE EXPLAINNED IN MY BLOG.
I`M GLAD TO SAY THAT YOU ARE ONE OF THE WINNERS!
WOULD YOU LIKE THE BANNER THAT IS SHOWNED ON MY BLOG, OR WOULD YOUR PREFER A BLUE COLOR TOILE DE JOY BANNER AND BORDER?
PLEASE COULD YOU ALSO EMAIL ME YOUR EMAIL ADRESS.
TO:
debbie.moss21@btinternet.com

We will be ready to do your blog make-over tonight at 8 O`clock if that`s okay with you!
So then, I will email you requesting your temporary password and Alan will work is magic!
After the transformation being completed we will ask you to CHANGE your password, for security reasons!
Unless, you rather doing the HTLM code yourself, that`s fine by us!

Hope to speak to you soon!

Hugs
Debbie Moss

Anonymous said...

Oh You fibbin tibber, i am always around here, except when i'm not and thats hardly ever, you can be my bestest mate again [till MelMel gets her job back with La, then it alllllllll changes again, lol.]

I dont know how to put the award fingy up on my blog Lacy please do it for me cause it looks like i aint got none and i want them all on there see, just like you honey bunny coochee coooo. :-)

MelMel said...

You and angel are hilarious!

Just in the kitchen clearing away after cottage oie and carrots! and banana and custard! yummy!!

was just thinking if i get my new job i won't be doing the cooking anymore......thats quite a sad thought...but moving on is good!!!!!!

xx

MelMel said...

.....oh when will we know what you bought...when is the unveiling???????x

dancingonabladeofgrass said...

I think I was the one who asked about the skirt - well done!

Did you finish the castle?

I would have bought quite a few of Fred and Happy's goodies.

Congrats on the award!

MelMel said...

How nice of him...free things you love are always good!!!
I've been after a small glas cake stand, think i'll nip to the charity shops see what they have!

xxx

Lace Threads said...

Sorry - this week has been so hectic, I will post pics very soon! It's the going to new schools week!
Debbie - I'm so thrilled at your offer. It's so kind of you. I can't wait to see how it's going to look. I've emailed you. I love your hot chicks comment!
Angel - you go to layout, and choose the add a pic option, having right clicked to save the image of the award to your pooter. Easy as pie! Have you done it yet?!
Dancing on a blade of grass: it was you! So sorry - I couldn't find your comment about it, but knew somebody asked. The castle was a great success, but is now buried under piles of toys!
Thanks all for your comments. It's so lovely of you to stop by and listen to my rubbish.

angel said...

S'me, fanks lastic for NOT helping me wiv me blog..........Tsk tsk. :-)

Whats ya aving done in ear then, hummmmmm, suffink nice?

I have managed to work out the mistake i was making on my Blog, and now my mouse is Knacked, touche onglaise.

Raspberry Grace said...

I've only just seen this Lace, thank you very much, it was very kind of you to think of me.

Lots of love to you and yours,

Rasp xx

(Your blog is fab, btw!)