Monday, 8 September 2008

Glass topped tables makeover

I wanted to show you my little tables, which I picked up at a car boot for a total of, oooo, £4 recently. I'd been looking for a nest of tables for some time, but I wanted glass tops, and those aren't so common it seems - or the glass has been broken. Anyway, these turned up and it was a fun little project.



I love this Laura Ashley paper - it's on my daughter's patchwork wall. And now it's persuading me to keep the tables (I had thought I'd sell them, but I don't think I can bear to).



The blue isn't as powerful as it appears - it's an LA colour, and is very chalky. It goes perfectly with the paper. So I'm a happy bunny again.

I love autumn, once we've got back into our routines. It's been harder this year because of two of mine starting new schools, but all seems to be well so far. My yr 7 got a bit upset today, because she'd lost something and had to go on a bit of a trek around unknown corridors to sort it out, but a year 9 looked after her, while a year 10 gave her a hug. That so wouldn't have happened at my school, and it's typical of the whole ethos of the school. I'm so pleased for her. When schools work well, it's a lovely feeling.

One of the things I particularly love about autumn is it means plenty of opportunity to have...

Lovely warming stews with oodles of dumplings. I'm sorry - I just have to post a picture of food, because Melmel and Angel are making me so hungry lately. :-)


I've been tagged, by April at Cake makes the world a better place, and thank you for that, but I'll have to give it some thought!

And with that, I'm off to bed. Nighty night. And thank you once again for all your comments. I love reading them. xxx

22 comments:

angel said...

Oh Poop, now i deffo cant make Dumplings! where can i buy them, hummmm........ Aunt Bessie ....... yeah ......... off to the Supermarket to get some and show off my culinary skills to Lastic ...ooh did i say that out loud.

Tables are lovely Honey, they are so pro'fesh.

I am so glad your Littlie is having a good "School experience* bless her.

Another great post Honey, love and (((Hugs))) Mwah X x X x X x X

MelMel said...

I love the tables.....so easy when they have glass tops...what a pretty colour.....and that paper is so lovely....i could sell that with ease at LA....a firm fave and set to be a classic!
So will you have them as bedside tables or downstairs?

I have a big spot now......thanks to my adventure with the choc.......if i had scoffed some stew then that would not have happened.....now i have my interview tomorrow complete with what looks like another nose on my face!
nice!!! lol...:>)))))x

MelMel said...

Hello!
I'm decided on a give away.....also will include choccie in it!

There will be a sweet item from Liberty in the give away......!xxxx

MelMel said...

Angel and yourself are so funny!

better do some work now...see you later when she is napping!xxx

Trish said...

your tables look fab hunny :) really pretty, not so sure on the dumplings though (don't like them!!!) lol xxx

Lace Threads said...

How can you not like dumplings! They are so hard to resist. Angel, I can't wait to see pics of dumplings now! Thank you for your lovely comments, all. The tables were a great, mini project. Just wait till I finish off my big set!

April said...

The tables look gorgeous

April xx

Barbara Jacksier said...

I just wandered over from Debbie's blog. Your table makeovers are simply gorgeous. Dumplings look amazing, too.

second wind said...

See, you've said it - mini project.I knew they were for a doll's house!They are gorgeous, well done. I love dumplings, but I can see all those little lumps appearing on my silhouette!!!

xx Deb

Country Bliss said...

Love the tables I've been looking for some for ages! And those dumplings look yummy, my favourite winter food!
Yvonne

Lace hearts said...

Thank you April and Barbara
Debs, lol, repeat after me, they are big! Huge!
Yvonne - you are welcome to drop in for a dumpling meal anytime!

white o'morn cottage said...

Fabulous job on those tables!

Daisy Cottage said...

Thank you SO much for your sweet comment on my blog! It is very nice to meet you! What a lovely place you have here! I will be back! :-)

xo,
Kim

Tilly said...

I love stew and dumplings - me and the hubby were just talking about them last night. Fabulous tables. What a makeover!

Elaine said...

Ooooo yummy, we're having stew &dumplings on thursday.
Thank you so much for the lovely comment you left, all of my lovely friends are so special.

Love and blessings
xxxxxxxxxxx

TattingChic said...

Those are fabulous tables! You are so talented! And those dumplings! Yummmmmy! Can I come over to your house for dinner? LOL!

http://lavenderhouse.typepad.com said...

Love the tables. I have done a similar thing but havent got round to painting the table just put the paper under the glass. I am going to get on and do it though. Just another thing on that enormous list of things to do!

Love Emma x Please can we have a pic of the patchwork wall too!

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

Hi sweet Caroline...
You sure done wonders with the nest tables!
I love them so MUCH!
As they have glass covers you can always have fun on changing the look of them, simply by changing wallpapers, if you wish so!
I think I will try to find myself a set of those, also!
Thanks so much for the FAB. inspiration!
Kisses
Debbie Moss

Elizabethd said...

That looks so appetising!
and anything done with LA is good news for me, just hard that they closed all their French outlets.

angel said...

Where are you Honey, i miss you.:-(

Lace hearts said...

Thank you all. Tatting Chic- you are welcome around anytime!
Angel - missing you too. I don't know where the time is going to!
ElizD - it's a shock to hear they are closing in France.
And thank you Debbie. Good luck finding a set of tables!
Emma - the patchwork wall...better shot coming soon!

Jennifer said...

ooo I LOVE the tables!! FABULOUS job :)