Tuesday, 5 August 2008

Yummy things from Robson & Mason haberdashery


I have found a new online haberdashery, here, which I stumbled across at around 3 am last Saturday morning, when I was having a bad night. Turned into a good night, though, because it's such a lovely place. And my order has arrived this morning, and here it is:


Some gorgeous floral binding:


Floral scissors, which I just couldn't resist:


And I'm looking forward to trying the bias binding maker, in the top of this picture:


They even sent me some lovely freebies, because of posting about them all over the place (not that I could have resisted!), but look at the dinky little needle basket, and the fabulous leaf topped pins...and more bias in yummy pastel colours.


Best of all, they have a blog: here, which has some lovely pictures and links.
This one is written by a few people, apparently. There's also this one: Laura's, which is written just by Laura, who very efficiently and patiently has responded to the emails I've plagued her with. (Although I felt a bit green with envy at her latest post beginning...I was on the phone the other day to Cath Kidston head office... as you do! lol.)

But her exciting news about Cath Kidston's new book has got me jumping up and down. It sounds absolutely right up my street and I can't wait until it's out.

16 comments:

Trish said...

such gorgeous yumminess sweetiepops :) am loving the bias binding, may have to buy some for meself :D xxx

Country Bliss said...

I love it all. I've been trying to get on their site for the past couple of days but it doesn't work for me. I really, really need to buy some of that binding!
Yvonne

Lace Threads said...

If you do, Trish, let me know!
Yvonne - the binding is the nicest floral binding I've seen. The fabric just works so well. I'm so thrilled with it.

claire said...

Oh I can't wait for mine!!!
Still waiting for email - just had paypal one - not that I'm in a hurry :)
I saw that about CK book.....I may have to pre order!!!
Thanks again for fab linky x

Country Bliss said...

Yay, it worked this afternoon, I can't wait for my binding etc. etc. to come. Thanks for the link.
Yvonne

dancingonabladeofgrass said...

What a lovely blog this is - I like the haberdasher's one too - thanks for bringing it to our attention.

I am hankering after a pair of pinking shears - binding looks good too - you should be on commission!

Laura said...

Hello everyone.

It's the infamous Laura from R&M

Thank you or the comment Lace.

If you cant load our website, press 'refresh' when the page loads! It might be because we've had so many people on there.

GOOD NEWS THOUGH- we have a NEW site coming. Our web designers are fabulous and I've told them to pick up the pace as people have emailed us to say they can't get on.

I'm glad you all like the bias, and I'm pleased to tell you we have a whole range of new shabby chic prints coming in the bias.

Best Wishes and thank you once again for the messages!

Laura

Elaine said...

Really yummy purchases Lacey, I must get my act together and place that order before Trish and everyone else on SC buys up all the stock !

Pleased to hear there's more binding on the way!

Love and blessings
xxxxxxxxxx

Elaine said...

Really yummy purchases Lacey, I must get my act together and place that order before Trish and everyone else on SC buys up all the stock !

Pleased to hear there's more binding on the way!

Love and blessings
xxxxxxxxxx

Elizabethd said...

Oh what gorgeous things, I love the floral scissors!

TattingChic said...

That is some fabulous haberdashery you purchased there! Ya know, that is the first time I have ever used the word "haberdashery" in my entire life! How did I do? In the USA we would say, "Those are some fabulous notions you got there!" LOL! Enjoy your cute things! Love the pins!

angel said...

Oh wow, lovely stuff lattice, i will be looking next week, i am sorry for neglecting my blog [and everyone elses :-(] I will get some of them lovelies, as i cant let you get things and me not, that just wouldnt be fair now would it. lol
Love and huggles. X x X x X

Lace Threads said...

Thanks everyone for popping by - well done, Tattingchic. It's a good word, isn't it! I've never heard the word notions used for these. Isn't that odd. I want to see other peep's pics! Hopefully you have yours by now Yvonne and Claire.
Angel - get ordering before BM buys up all their stock! xxx

Summer by the sea said...

Lovely buys - I especially like the pins! - natalie x

tracey said...

Those pins are really fancy love the patten on them scisor`s,
Love your blog, Thankyou

jenny's curtains and blinds said...

I have just purchased one of those bias makers and have used it to make over 60m of the stuff - its fab!!