Thursday, 7 August 2008

Socks and gloves and Marcus and Pig and Love

Look! Who are these little fellas:




We've been having lots of fun with a couple of socks and gloves. You start with these...


Or pink gloves if you have a particular friend in mind who is fussy about the colour she may end up...


And before you know it, little characters are appearing...




Who are they?

Well, they made friends very quickly indeed...

Although they were a bit shy at first... (they are bonding over one of my lovely recent vintage sheet finds, clever things)...


So meet Marcus...

And Pig (soon to be renamed, I suspect):


With button eyes and noses...


Marcus wanted to take care of my 7 year old. While Pig wanted to look after my 10 year old.

We've all fallen in love! They are from the sock book I blogged about a little while back (also in my Amazon link on the r/h side). It's a great little book, with such easy to follow instructions (though a little beyond my 7 year old - he just fell in love with Marcus, clever chap).

And when I was searching my saved picture file, guess what a lovely surprise I found from I have yet to discover - I imagine my 10 year old, but isn't it sweet. It's named: To mum and dad.
I love my kiddies so much.


Blessings everyone. xxx

9 comments:

Country Bliss said...

They are so cute. Funnily enough I have been making a sock monkey today, never made one before but came across a tutorial yesterday on one crafty mumma's site, I hope it will be as good as yours!
Yvonne

MISS PRUDENCE said...

oh my goodness i remember making sock monkey years ago in sewing class at school..... arent they fun and sweet, perfect little gifts for my grandaughters i do believe.... thank you for the memories...

Lace Threads said...

Yvonne: I want to see a picture of your sock monkey! I'm sure it will be lovely - you can't go wrong with these critters. Mine have mistakes, and they just make them more endearing.
Miss Purdence: Thank you for leaving a comment! I think these are fun - a real throwback, and my children absolutely love them. I'd say they really are perfect gifts.

Trish said...

Lacey they are fab hunny :) love the piggy *oink* xxx

Elaine said...

How cute are they ???

I've never made sock monkeys, though it's something my daughter keeps asking for (she's 23 !!!)

Love and blessings
xxxxxxxxxx

berryberr said...

Just stumbled into your blog...Interesting one. Will be following from now on!

second wind said...

Thats not a pig thats a Moomin, silly billy.
Tsk tsk, do i have to tell you everything................ lol

Miss you. Mwah. X x X x X x X x X

heather said...

cool, love them, the pink pig reminds me of the clangers ..yep showing my age now....lol...

love reading you blog....lacey...

Elaine said...

Don't know how it happened but I thought I'd left a comment here before, but I can't see it ???

Anyway, now I'm here again, I can tell you that you have a "Creative Blogger" award. Just pop along to my blog to pick it up.

Love and blessings
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx