Sunday, 31 August 2008

Fred and Happy. I'm in Happy style heaven!

Well, I am still quivering with excitement. I got to meet Fred from Fred's World Blog and Happy from Happy Loves Rosie. And they were such lovely peeps. So lovely. I'm sure they thought I was a complete idiot, as I've been so in awe of their blogs and their style that I've only recently felt able to leave comments, so meeting them was a little bit scary. Yep, I'm all of seven years old! I walked past their stand twice before I plucked up the courage to say hi! Sometimes I could give myself a good whack.


So, of course I had to buy one or two little things on their stall (which they had started to pack up!). Although I've just seen Fred has described it as a ram raid! Outrageous!!! Angel, I didn't, honest!!!
I almost didn't go, as it was p**ing down with rain, and I was sure nobody in their right mind would be there, but I'm so glad I did, as it made my day to see them. Blimey, I sound a right odd one here, don't I. I should've got their autographs!


So I've given you a peep of one of the items, because I have to wait for sun to photograph the rest, otherwise it just wouldn't do it justice. I've also got to download a pic from my phone of me and a certain rather lovely stallholder!

So, on to other things. Last night was so warm, the children did a surprise in the garden...



Yep. They laid out the table! Good, isn't it!

And they helped make the pudding...


which was yummy.



Shame the weather didn't last (for Fred and Happy especially).

Oh, and to humiliate myself ... here's the awful clutch bag which I've given up on.

The skirt worked. Thank you for asking - I'll post a picture as soon as I remember to steal it back from my daughter's room.

Hugs, all. xxx

9 comments:

MelMel said...

Heloo!
Are they curtains that you bought?
I love them!!! great floral!!!

looking forward to seeing your other buys!!!

I've being enjoying Tinyholder...sians blog today....loving the sewing room!!
xxxx

MelMel said...

I love your blog....just been having another nosey....oh and ahve not put out my childminding room yet, as got sidetracked with meet me in st louis on TCM!!!! eekkkk!

Thank you for the lovely comment....I try really hard on a very tight budget......i'm learning tho that many ladies on here are also...nice to know i'm not alone.....and that its fun to make stuff and make over furniture, i've always thought that...but many of my more well off friends don't get it!!

xxxxxx

claire said...

Ooh - you groupie you lol!!:)
Fabric looks fab.
And the fabric for the clutch is fabulous - where did you find that - I love it!! Shame you have to give up on it as BM said before, can you turn it into something else?

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

Oh.... I`m so E.N.V.I.O.U.S!
Just a little bit! Honest!
You got to meet Happy and Fred!
And to buy some Treasures from them... as well!?
ARGHHHH!
I so wish that I was able to go to their FABULOUS SALE!
And better still I WISH THAT I COULD HAVE BOUGHT E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G!
Never mind, I`m playing the lottery this week... and if there`s A.N.Y.T.H.I.N.G left it will be MINE!

Kisses
From a very envious Debbie Moss
I meant only a "little envious"!
And that`s the truth... NOT!

Speak to you soon!

Trish said...

ooohhh yum!!!! that fabric is gorgeous, knowing you hun, I bet you did ram raid poor Freds stall lol xxx

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

Just a quick note to say a BIG THANK YOU for your very lovely comment!
I`m so glad that you like my blog!
And all the hard work its thanks to my hubbie...
He is the one who dowloads the pictures... as I don`t know how...
I`m off now... need to go to town and buy some potatos for tonight`s tea!
Kisses
Debbie Moss

P.S- I`m having a lovely give-away tonight.
You are more than W.E.L.C.O.M.E to enter!

Elaine said...

Lacey, I'm sure I already left a comment, but here goes again.

Fancy you being a groupie but I would have been too if I lived nearby LOL.

I love the clutch bag, is the fabric a teatowel? If you don't feel like using it as a "going out" bag, you can always use it for something else.

Well done you for attempting such a tuffy, and keep going.

Love and blessings
xxxxxxxxxxx

MelMel said...

You have an award to collectx

Country Bliss said...

How lucky you are to rifle through the goodies that must have been on Fred and Happy's stall!
Love the rose fabric and my 15 year old thinks your bag looks great.
Your children are so sweet to do that for you!
Yvonne