Tuesday, 1 July 2008

A peep at my latest project: table and chairs

Well, I thought it was time I gave you a peek - only a peek - at my latest project. I'm thrilled with it, but it's been an awful lot of work. It's our dining table and chairs, which I needed to do up to sell, to make way for our multi-coloured table and chairs I posted about a little while back. So, a peek at the chairs/edge of table before... HERE

 


and a peek at one of the chairs post transformation:




I've used a gorgeous Laura Ashley oil eggshell, and one of my all time fave Laura Ashley prints - Summer Palace.
I so don't want to sell it, but have to be firm with myself.

Now, the 50 pence cabinet...thought I should give you a closer look. These were made in China, because that's where the person who bought them lived. They then came over here, and he sold them because he's going abroad again. I love the latches...



Kind of a hatpin for a cupboard.
And here is one of the cabinets as it arrived...

Don't know why the pic is so small. If you click on it, it should pop up large. I am so excited by these. May even not paint them!
That's all for this post. Hope you liked looking. I will post the whole table and chairs pic very soon - aiming to list it to sell on Thursday if I can get it together in time.

8 comments:

Lavender hearts said...

I can post you some if you let me know how much you want, it's no bother because they have a post office inside my work.

Lavender hearts said...

ooh, almost forgot I looked for the magnolia wallpaper and they didn't have any, they have loads of £1.50 pink gingham wallpaper but that's about it I'm afraid.

Lace Threads said...

Thanks so much for trying for me. I know some's gonna turn up, probably when I'm least expecting it!
Don't think I need any pink gingham - but thanks for mentioning it. x

Elaine said...

Love the chairs, the fabric is gorgeous, BUT you only put the cabinet on the make me go green didn't you?

Love and blessings
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

angel said...

Half of Britan is looking for that blimmin Walpaper.
I do hope someone finds it for you, Lastic.

I love the look at the chair have been looking under the picture to try and view more............Silly angel.............. Hurry up woman I wanna see more...........

OhSoVintage said...

Wow, what a transformation! I am the same as you - I paint and reuphloster something then sooo want to keep it myself (in fact I usually do). Where did you find the cabinet for 50p???? It's lovely. Was it ebay? That must be the bargain of the century.

claire said...

that looks great - you are gonna have to be strong to part with it!!
I love summer palace too - i want the wallpaper in my bedroom :)

Trish said...

gorgoeus fabric on the chair sweetie, very very nice :) that cabinet is scrummy, now, I am sure you don't need 2 of them do you really????? I think that as I am such a wonderful and lovely friend you should (in all honesty) be sending one of them to me :)