Sunday, 13 July 2008

Fabric bucket

I am in love with sewing things! I can't get enough of it. Addict! Definitely! I've always loved fabric, and it's so nice at last to discover I can sew.

What has got me all excited? My first fabric bucket. I'd seen the idea in Sew Pretty Homestyle, where there's a box and a bucket, but the bucket was rather tiny, and had a complicated looking scalloped edge. So with the encouragement of Bloomin Myrtle and Angel, I decided to just cut a pattern and go for the size I wanted, using bits of Laura Ashley fabric I had. The lining is a hydranga print. Not sure of the name of the outer, as I picked it up at a car boot. It was really simple. Look.


It's fun to do, and I'm going to make another one tonight.
Edited to say: Just made another one with Cath Kidston fabric! Here it is, with my granny square peeping out...


It makes a change from bags. I've gone bag mad, with the help of my littleuns. They suggested making them for their teacher's as end of year pressies, which struck me as a lovely idea, as their teachers so often get overloaded with choccies and flowers. So we've been busy...


Here's a peek at my next shabby chic project - two glass topped tables which I picked up at a car boot. Can't wait to get going on those.





15 comments:

April said...

I Love it!!! Are they really easy - if so I might make one?

April xx

angel said...

WOW WOW WOW Lactic, you are an amazing woman.
I am sitting here mouth agape, they are fantastic, all your sewing crafts are just WOW ....
Please dont stop you are nearly as good as Blommin Myrtle [but dont tell her i said that, lol] she will be so proud. :-) as i am.
Mwah Mwah Mwah Mwah. X x X x X x X x X

K.C. said...

I can sew nothing.. so I am jealous.. jealous, I say...

I wish I could just sew a button on.. I wish that I had the patience to learn.

Sew inpressed... Kayce

claire said...

Lacey they are fab - I feel another tutorial is called for :) :)
And the bags look great - you are a brilliant sew and sew (sorry!!) to do so many in a short space of time....what a fab idea for teachers presents..My boys are to old and way to cool ya know to give end of term gifts any more..but I used to give wine cos if I worked with children I would def need a drink at the end of term lol!!!

Trish said...

the boxes look fabby hun :) love the bags too xxx

Lace Threads said...

They are easy-peasy, April. Go for it! Thank you all for your lovely comments. They mean a lot. xxx

donna said...

i love the fabric bucket- great idea, where did you get the pattern? they would be fab as christmas/ birthday pressies filled with goodies instead of a hamper

Lace Threads said...

Honestly, I made the pattern up. And I have only just begun sewing. They are easy. Give it a go!

angel said...

SHE IS GUNNA GET A BIG HEAD NOW, SO STOP IT.................





Have you made any more honey? lets see em............ I need my fix of lastic's bits. lol

Lace Threads said...

lol, Angel. Ow, my head. Pop!

donna said...

hope you don't mind i love your clock so have stuck one on my blog!

Country Bliss said...

Your fabric buckets look lovely, great idea! The teachers are going to be chuffed with those bags they're really pretty.

angel said...

Have you been messing with your page? I looked here a min ago and it was different.

So when is the Tutorial then..... :-)

angel said...

Ooooh, i had forgotten about the Srawberry fingy!
I will sort that today, [if i can find the linky].

Mwah,Honey.X x X x X x X

ANGLESEY ALLSORTS said...

What a good idea! Bags for the teachers, I always use to struggle thinking of somethng other than choccys of flowers!
Take a look on my blog, theres an Award awaiting you!
x Vicky x