Monday, 28 July 2008

Holiday fun and a bit of Cath Kidston nortiness

Self-indulgent post today, because I want to keep a vague diary of some of what we get up to in the holidays. But first of all, I've been wanting to post the costumes the kiddies had for the end of term bits. First the shoes that we were especially proud of for the hippy decade chick look for my 11 yr old. Fiver in a charidee shop, tarted up with some felt flowers. Best of all, they fit me (though those aren't my dainty feet in them)...


and a peek at the costume...

And then my 10 year old became a Roman for the day, with big thanks to a shawl that one of you may recognise from a 10,000 year old giveaway!

And I've done a bit of this...



And a bit of this...

And generally we've had a fab time so far. Except for today when they all went to Marwell Zoo, and saw a month old baby giraffe, and I had to work. That wasn't so good.

But...

I popped into CK at lunchtime. And couldn't stop myself. The sewing house. I know I know. I'd only gone in there to look (promise, look only) at the towels I love. But it was only

£20 reduced from £40...cos it's damaged. But it's nothing I can't repair, and I just couldn't talk myself out of it. Problem is, do I keep it, or give it to middle daughter for Christmas (which was the plan). Speaking of which, I'll post a pic of the skirt soon - it is a skirt, just need to finish the ribbon.

6 comments:

TattingChic said...

It looks like you and the fam are having a fabulous time! Love the shoes!

Lace Threads said...

Thank you. The shoes came out so well and were so easy.

driftwood shack said...

you can't just look at ck-its against the rules!

MaryPoppins said...

Can you share it the house is gorgeous
and love the shoes X

angel said...

Ohhh Lacky the shoes are great and the house is wonderful, the shawl is tat but not on your DD, she has bought it into the 17th century... lol.

Looks like your enjoying the Holidays as much as the Littlies. Mwah X x X x X

Country Bliss said...

Lucky you I've wanted that sewing house but couldn't bear to pay the full price! The shoes and costume look great.
Yvonne