Tuesday, 29 July 2008

Fabric bags - your pictures



I'm going to start a post dedicated to bags peeps make from the tutorial I posted here.

The first has come from Ellieweb on the Shabbychic forum, and it's gorgeous. Please do send pics, if you do make the bag, and I'll update this post if a pic comes in. Thank you Ellieweb for doing it - it looks so lovely.


Next I've just got pictures of two beautiful bags from ElizabethD, who has such a lovely blog here, which always make me long to get back to France. She says that the pink flowery one was a trial, using 'used' fabric to see how the pieces went together. I think as a trial it looks incredibly professional. The blue one was made from a pack of Laura Ashley pieces. She's quilted both sides with a thin wadding in between the fabrics. I'm stunned. This is way beyond my abilities at the moment (but I'm going to give it a go now as they look so striking like this!). Thank you so much for sending these, Elizabeth.


4 comments:

Elizabethd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
angel said...

Lastic looks like you have started something here.
Well done Elizabethd the bags look lovely. :-)

Elizabethd said...

Thanks for putting the photos on. They are very much a first attempt, and I shall make more. I'm one of those fabric collectors too! I have boxes of stuff!

Lace Threads said...

They are better than my bags! I'm going to try a patchwork one when I have the time! Thank you both for sending pics.