Wednesday, 4 June 2008

A world of crochet

I love crochet - it's such a relaxing way to while away an hour or so. It's something you can do as a passenger in a car, on a train, on the beach, and it's incredibly rewarding. I've taught myself over the years, largely using the Hamony Guides. If you crochet, you'll know the fun of it. If you don't, try it. It's incredibly easy. I've not crocheted for a year or so, so this w/e, when I had some time, I got back into it.

First, my bedside bunny shows the pile of crochet I've been working on:
I used a kit of flowers, but also a book...

And the flowers I did this w/e. I'm thinking of joining them to make a small mat for the table.



And a practise heart:

I've borrowed a couple of books from the library. This one is fab, and I'm planning an afghan. I'll let you know how I get on with building the blocks!
If you haven't tried it, get crocheting!

7 comments:

Country Bliss said...

Love your little crochet flowers, they'll make a lovely mat. I too crochet- when I'm not on the computer/painting/thrifting etc.. At the moment I'm doing a granny blanket, I crochet as I'm sitting on the floor next to my 2yr olds bed waiting for her to fall asleep this usually takes an hour each evening!

angel said...

Oh, I would love to be able to crochet, but it's beyond me.:-(
BM and Pipkin have tried to help me but I still cant do it. :-(
I got a kiddley's kit for Christmas called "Crochet a hat" I think its for 5 years and over, but it might as well be written in Swahili for all I can understand of it.

I may put it up as a Giveaway, now that should draw the punters on to my bloggie blog blog. LOL [pimp my blog]

Lace Threads said...

Country Bliss: that sounds a lovely way to while away the time. I discovered crochet after my children were past that stage of needing me in the bedroom. It would have been a fab thing to do.

Angel: anybody can crochet. I defy you not to be able to crochet a flower. I could photocopy/find on the internet the easiest flower ever for you and post it with a hook and some wool? Then you could blog about it. Let me know.
Giveaway crochet hat sounds fab-I'd be first in the line!!!!!!!

Trish said...

I love that heart you have done hun, really pretty, I can crochet but have forgotten how (does that make sense???) must get some wool out and play xxx

Raspberry Grace said...

I've tried and tried with the crocet, but I just can't get the hang of it :(

Wish you could teach me lacy knicks :)

(Sorry I came over all Angel there!)

Love, Rasp xx

angel said...

Rasp, LOL......lacy knicks....Lol

Lace Threads said...

Rasp, if I can teach you, I will. Maybe I'll try and do a simple tutorial post, just for you and Angel.
Your comment was so funny - I thought you were Angel at first.
xx