Tuesday, 3 June 2008

Thank you, Angel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all. Sorry for the delay in updating - I had an unexpected, and very welcome, long w/e away. It was a bonus as the kids all had an inset day yesterday - why on earth schools can't make their inset days on the same day in the same area, I don't know.

Anyhow, I was going to blog about crochet today, but I'll save that for tomorrow. Because just look what arrived in the post this morning.


It's the shawl that I won from Angel's giveaway. If you haven't checked out Angel's blog, it's worth spending some time there as this is one of the planet's funniest people! (And a complete nutcase to boot!) I've been pleading for a picture, so she also sent me (which I've had to frame):



So she's obviously thin as a rake! I also spotted one of her feet in a picture somewhere - she has 5 toes (though she denied it was her, claiming it was a 108 year old relative or something).

And one more picture:


The duck wanted in, so he got in. The cushion just felt decorative. I absolutely love it: the colours have a gold shimmer that doesn't really show up on camera. I wanted to show it on grass, but it's pouring down with rain, so that's impossible.

And a taster for what is coming tomorrow:

That's all for now. Thanks so much for comments. I absolutely love reading them.

3 comments:

angel said...

Ooooh,That shawl is "The nuts" and The shabby bird is gooooooooood.
I cant believe you are being so kind to me!!!! [thats a first]lol

Im glad you had a great weekend away,though I would appreciate being told of your whereabouts as I do worry.

Lace Threads said...

Oh bless you. It was a last minute decision, as I've been having a bad few weeks, so hubbie whisked us off for a recuperative break! I'll check it with you first next time!
Right, back to being rude! Got my freebie! lol

Trish said...

Lace hun, it looks fab, love the cushion too, not sure about the pushy duck mind!!!!!!! can't wait to see what you do wuith your crochet, I can do it but have forgotten how *dur* xxx