Friday, 20 June 2008

Disaster - engagement ring's stone gone AWOL

Sad post - sorry.

I've lost the stone from my engagement ring, and am distraught about it. We chose the ring together, in Thailand, in 1993. And I've worn it ever since. Stupid me. Having got the authenticity checked way back then (because we were worried after I fell in love with it that we'd been duped - we hadn't), I never got it checked for a loose stone. I just didn't want it off my finger for a moment. I know some people take them off, but I couldn't bear to.

Well, I'm so miserable. We're all hunting, but the chances of finding it are slim. Chances are it's on the road somewhere. That's even worse. I'd kind of be happier knowing somebody might find it and it would make somebody else happy. But just lying somewhere lost, that breaks my heart. It's not the money, it's the sentimental value I have wrapped up in it.

Going to go and have a sob.

8 comments:

angel said...

Oh Darling I'm not surprised you feel upset, Bless you Honey, I pray you DO find it, Have you checked the bed out really well,it may be caught in a bit of the mattress.
I reallly hope you find it. Mwah.

Trish said...

oh sweetie, I really hope you will find it, you never know hun, take care xxx

Vanessa said...

The same thing happened to me, well nearly. I took off my ring in my car to put hand cream on and it fell into my dashboard. Luckily my husband used to work with cars so he had to strip the whole dashboard down. We managed to find the ring crushed in the steering wheel column but the stone was missing. We did manage to find it some weeks later in the foot well. I then took it back to the jewellers who reset it as best as they could but it is still mishapen.

I hope you do manage to find it, the sentimental value I know will outway the monetery value.

Fingers crossed

Vanessa x

April said...

Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry to hear that.

Hope you manage to find it - stranger things have happened!

Hugs

April xx

TattingChic said...

Oh, my dear, that is a tragedy! I hope some miracle happens and you do find it. I really do!

Elaine said...

It's horrible to loose something that means so much, I lost the sapphire from my engagement ring a couple of years ago so I know how it feels.

(((Hugs)))

Love and blessings
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

ps. Is anyone having probs with SC? I keep getting "stuck" and have to come off. No probs elsewhere tho'.

Another Era said...

Hope you find it hun, its so sickening to lose something like that.

Country Cottage Chic said...

That is sad - the same thing happened to me. Luckily insurance paid for it to be replaced & it has been as good as new ever since.