Saturday, 7 June 2008

Creating Vintage Style + Blackboard & buttons!

I found such a fabulous book in the library.

Creating Vintage Style by Lucinda Ganderton. It's packed with gorgeous photographs and ideas for things to do, and separated into sections that look at each room around the home. There are also 12 projects, plus some templates for them. It's got fabulous fabrics pictured, and I love it.

My fave pic is one I've seen on Vintage Pleasure's blog, which I think inspired her to patchwork wallpaper a wall, and that inspired me to do my patchwork wall (see post in May 2008).




I think VP pointed me in the direction of this book some time ago and I couldn't find it. Well, I'm glad I finally stumbled on it. It has really simple ideas and everything seems easily achievable.


And it has loads of pics on each page. So if you want an inspirational book for shabby vintage style on a budget, look out for it!

I thought I'd also give you a peek at my blackboard. I painted this cupboard door with blackboard paint, and then felt it needed something more. I'd been sorting through my lovely button stash, and had a glut of black buttons and nothing to do with them. So they found a natural home.


I want to add stencilling at the top, to say Menu and a rope to hang it, but it's nearly there. It's been a fun project to do. And a good one for the kids.

I'm doing my best to post every day, so see you tomorrow. Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed it.

3 comments:

sharie said...

I like the look of that book. Thanks for showing it. Going to check it out either on ebay or at the library.

Sharie

Priscilla said...

I just love book reviews! This one looks really good, nice photos and ideas, Thanks for sharing it....

Priscilla x

angel said...

S'nice book, Nicks. :-)