Tuesday, 20 May 2008

Wholemeal bread success?! :-)

I may be speaking too soon, but look what I've just done:

Now, I've fought a long experimental battle to cook a wholemeal loaf my kiddies will eat. And this is the first time it's been soft (a particular combination of wholemeal and strong white flour). It's also the first time I've used no salt and no sugar. So far so good.
And so into the oven they go...


I'll update once they are out! Yum. Fingers crossed on this one.

Yummy, yummy, yummy is the verdict! Look!





I wish I could share it with all of you. Eldest wants salt in the next one (I usually do salt bread, but didn't this time), but aside from that gives it the thumbs up mark.

3 comments:

Trish said...

looks yummy hun, was just discusing the price of bread today on the school run with friends, I think I may have to start making my own again xxx

Raspberry Grace said...

Yum Yum !

Lavender hearts said...

Hiya,

That bread looks delicious!

Just to let you know I have tagged you, I hope you don't mind?

The rules are on my blog.

Thanks,

Sian