Monday, 5 May 2008

My new kitchen dresser moves in


Look at my heart-shaped pebbles! Peek behind them! What's that?! It's my dresser! At long, long last, I have one.

I am so thrilled this latest arrival: a dresser I found on ebay. I'd intended to repaint this in a Laura Ashley cream, but the colour is fabulous and though it's not a colour I'd have chosen, it's really lifted my kitchen. I've been lusting after a dresser for ages, but needed a small one, and they are incredibly hard to come by it seems to me. The person I bought it off agreed - she'd had so much trouble this dresser was especially commissioned.

So here are pictures undressed:





and dressed:






After having it made, she'd used a paint effect/wash to show off the wood grain. It works perfectly.
So, for the first time ever, I'm able to display my special bits and pieces. Somehow my kitchen seems more homely. And I can put out my collection of heart shaped beach pebbles!


2 comments:

Trish said...

I love that dresser hun, gorgeous, how has the cabinet come along today??? thanks for the comment btw x

restyled home said...

I love your cabinet...and that lovely scale!

Thanls for visiting my blog and for your kind words. I love meeting fellow British girls (even though I've been in Canada for most of my life...!).

Linda
xoxo