Sunday, 4 May 2008

Re: Cabinet makeover. Year One!


Okay, I am hoping to do this fairly quickly.
This is my cabinet, found recently, and in a bit of a tatty state. I'll post pics of progress as I go thru the day.

11.00 am So first I've taken the doors off...



12.45 pm
And now it's sanded and ready for cleaning up with a damp cloth prior to undercoat going on...

2.30 pm The primer/undercoat (all-in-one) is now on. Reminder to self: avoid ball and claw feet in future and avoid furniture with fancy trims!




5 pm: Trish: THANK YOU, you are really helping with your comments. And all you others who have commented on the Shabby chic forum.
So I've managed to get the first coat on, bar the doors, which are fiddly, so I'm ignoring for now! I chose a Laura Ashley: Linen, and delicious it is too.
Here's how it's looking now:










9.50 pm Okay, well it's now got a 2nd coat on, and I'm about to screw the top piece back on. I am incredibly pleased with how much I've achieved. Thanks so much for the encouragement. I now need to find a suitable fabric... watch this space.
But I think I have to call it a night for now. Sleep well all.

Well, two days later, and I'm trying to decide what to do about the fabric. I've got a metre of this CK, and will need at least another metre and a half. So expensive. Or a cheap green gingham, may look just as good. So I'm not sure what to do.
Any advice appreciated!





5 comments:

Trish said...

looking good so far lacethreads :) will be gorgeous when finished, I will keep popping back for the updates

Trish said...

its coming along nicely hun xxx

Nina1984 said...

Looks fantastic. I love your choice of paint!

Trish said...

awww thanks for your comment hun :) it looks fab, I want one now lol

Lea said...

Oh wow, i'm really excited about seeing the end result. So far it's looking fab :) Well done.
Thanks for the comment on my blog :)

Lea x