Thursday, 8 May 2008

Those little projects

I thought I'd post about the little things I'm working on at the moment: sometimes, they are easier as they are small and relatively quick (though I don't seem able to do anything particularly quickly). But small is very satisfying.

So first, I picked this up at a car boot for a pound, inspired by the desire to find something to house my daughter's rock and mineral collection.



A couple of coats of paint later and she's thrilled with it. I'll have to post a pic once we've put it on the wall and she's put her (3!) rocks in it.























And then one I am currently working on... a tray table, which I picked up for £2.50. Here it is before:
















And during:
















I'll post an after picture soon, I promise, but I'm not as quick as some! (I'm working on it.)

I've also been painting a small skirting board in the kitchen in the F&B Dimity, as I'm considering using it all over the woodwork - bit fed up of white. It's looking yummy. So that's my day so far: not sure I've achieved much!

2 comments:

chris said...

Good work. I like it.

Trish said...

I want one of those trays too hun, have been out scouring today, but to no avail!!! I will keep on though, yours looks beautiful xxx